Mossy Log

I was biking down a trail and this small section of the woods was a bit more open and mossy. So I came back another day to take some pictures. The sun has difficulty getting through the wood but it makes for nice patches of highlights. Just make sure you're not going too late because you'll lose light much earlier than sunset. 

This shot was with my Fujifilm X-T3 + Fujinon 27mm F/2.8. This is out of camera raw with Lightroom presets (Adobe Color):



I struggled a lot for a composition but this angle ended being the best I could do that day. I decrease the highlights all the way down, bumped clarity just a little bit as with vibrance. I adjusted the yellows in HSL but most of my edits are with local adjustments (dodge and burning).

27mm 1/8sec F/9 ISO 160

I'll go again someday to see if I can find other compositions. I wish those branches wouldn't be there as well. We don't have grand vistas around here so finding these cool little spots is great.

Comments